Wednesday, February 25, 2009

COUPLE TRIPS/COUPLE FISH

Been tough for a gear guy lately.

I keep threatening to break out the fly-rod and having witnessed as many hatches and slurpers as I did this morning... it's bound to Spring into action soon...

Some photos below and a report to follow...

Benny's purdy gurlz:




My 'not-az-purdy boy'




Time to sleep, zzzzz

Well I woke up finally.

Actually have slept very little and fished a very lot in the past few weeks. I could write volumes on what I've seen, done and learned in this spring transition.

The highlight from this trip well downriver from Sunrise... was the 12# chrome hen Benny and I watched as it cartwheeled and tail walked away from rather than away with... my silver BC Steele 2/5oz. spoon. The spoon bite's been tough.

Benny managed the one small hen in the photo above on one of his poor-man ESL rigs. We didn't see much more action but didn't see another angler or a boat either and that's worth it's weight in chrome...

What's most amazing is that Benny could even concentrate enough to hook and land a fish without his chew. He left his tin in the truck, damn that's gotta sting. I helped him by with a few Marlboros, gawddamn nicotine sucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark, WAKE UP!!!!