Thursday, March 13, 2008

Monday blues kissed by Steelhead pink skies

Feeling pretty heavy-headed last couple a days...

Today, had to let someone down to appease another someone.

Feelin' funky about it all.

Looked in the liquor cabinet and found no booze.
Oh yeah, I don't drink...

I next, remembered that old adage; "B_ _ _ _ _ is the ONLY answer"
stands for... B USTIN out the fishing rod of course...

So that I did...

Decisions, decisions...

My last two times downriver were tough so I elected to go up.




I took the road 'not-so-less-traveled'



and landed at the ever so popular and highly controversial bar of sailors...



Tyrus is our scapegoat, C'mon guys admit it! WE ALL LOVE FLOWERS...



I was happy to see no one where I intended to fish...



...and only one swatter up where I refuse/d to fish (on the redds).





I worked the small back slot below "Mini'Machu-Picchu" but nada pescada no era pasa...



Moved over to the main channel and hit the chute. I Casted to the opposite bank and fed line to get my spoon down deep.



It worked...

I hooked the fish 50 feet away and 15 feet under the surface.

After a few good runs, I got to see her.



and land her.





Not a chromer but a nice little blush-cheeked hatchery hen.



I sent her along and crossed the river.

Goose was hangin' out way too nonchalantly as usual...



Beaver's been busy... Damn they work hard to eat good. The fresh shoots on a tree are out of reach for a fat-ass beaver... until s/he cuts the tree down that is...



Trusty Steed (Ram actually...) guzzlin' fresh air instead of gasssss @ $3-freakin-fifty a gallon!@!



I think these folks had it figured out right...



The 'ancient ones' respected the river...

The 'aint-shit ones' get drunk on it, piss in it, toss their shit in it and leave their shoes behind as a token of gratitude....

AND SPEAK OF THE DEVIL... It's that time of year AGAIN... JUST DO IT, BABY!!

Rent a raft and loose your left sandal you bumbletard...



Things could always be worse I guess...



I traded silver for copper, moved upriver 40 yards and hooked/lost two bigger hot fish almost back to back. It was an intense 5 minutes... and I farmed 'em both. My life story lately, lose the hogs and land the lil piggies....

I wonder what fish broke this guy off?



I fished 'til the skies matched the cheek badge and pinstripes of the girl I tangled with 3 hours before...



No more fish were had but the sun laid down in glorious splendor~



"...Purple Haze all around...





...Don't know if I'm comin' up or down..."

No comments: